DevOps Engineer- Leiden, The Netherlands
Are you looking for a challenging position at a fast-growing international organisation? Do you want to be part of the automation team ? Ambition, motivation and creativity are absolute conditions for being successful within the company.
About the company
The company is a Network Integrator for organisations whose core business depends on the network infrastructure. With a focuses on two specific market segments: Service Provider Networks and Mission Critical Networks. Within these market segments a number of specific customer groups can be distinguished, each of which have their own challenges and for which the company offers specific, customer-oriented solutions.
The company retains and motivates, not only clients, but also employees. Along with the focus on clients and the innovative strategy, there is also the requisite attention for the third success factor: culture. It’s all about people. The professionals are the capital and ensure the quality of the service. Therefore the company invests continuously in the quality of its employees and also expects its employees to possess a healthy dose of personal initiative. The organisation is flat and informal with a winner mentality.
What you will do
- The role is a key Development position responsible for the continuous development and operation of the automated deployment framework for the Entertainment platform (Horizon) deployed across several of LG’s operating countries, with a main focus on networking.
- The primary purpose of the Development Engineer is to implement a Deployment and DevOps strategy encompassing the build and development of IaC and IaaS including an automation framework with elements of declarative automation model, state and orchestrator.
- This role will drive Infrastructure as Code development by translating business requirements together with solution-, network- and cloud/infrastructure architects and into software and provide modular code that can meet scaling requirements and future demands
- This role will perform across department boundaries, cooperating and contributing with other Development /DevOps teams within technology and operations.
- Design, setup & maintenance of IaC and automation framework to support continuous integration of LGs entertainment platform
- Supporting the platform, using technical analysis to improve the reliability and scalability of the whole system
- Work closely with architects and developers to define building blocks and new features
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code
- Design and develop in-life excellence solution like Fault identification, tolerance and recovery automations
- Actively participate in planning and management of platform development process
- Regularly checking the monitor alarms, diagnosing the symptoms, analysing the root causes and making preventive plans
- Explore new latest relevant technology, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies and processes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- University degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Computer Science, Science, Mathematics or equivalent or be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge
- fluent spoken and written English
- 4+ years of experience in working with Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu or similar)
- Hands-on scripting and coding experience in working with Python, nice-to-have experience in other languages, as Golang, C++, J2EE, Ruby, bash, etc
- Experienced with different database flavours (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Neo4J, Mongo) and DB optimization
- Experience working with Ansible and Terraform, nice to have also other configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Practical knowledge with public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong preference for Network knowledge about TCP/IP protocol suites, network security, and experience with tools like Wireshark/tcpdump, mitmproxy, dig, curl or similar
- Knowledge in virtualization and Linux containers, i.e., KVM, Docker, CoreOS rkt or similar
- Knowledge of various API standards (JSON, REST) and python frameworks (Django, Flask, etc)
- Knowledge of web and HTTP proxy servers, i.e., Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Squid or similar
- All-round knowledge of container technologies, open source technologies and tools.
- Nice to have Knowledge of automated deployment/continuous Integration tools, i.e., Maven, Jenkins, Fabric8 or similar
- Nice to have Knowledge of High Availability Solutions, global scale solutions like cloud based auto scaling etc.
- Nice to have experience with commercial or open source monitoring systems, i.e., Nagios, Zabbix, Open Falcon or similar
- Nice to have experience of Elastic solutions (Elastic, Kibana, Logstash) and monitor data collection tools
- Nice to have basic knowledge on frontend development
- General knowledge of software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, Agile development, build processes, testing, and operations
- Effective communication skills, ability to work well in a collaborative, team environment within sometimes tight deadlines is a big plus
- Opportunity to work with leading companies and partners, therefore our organization has a very dynamic work environment with several impressive projects
- With 7 offices around the world we are an International operating company where you will work with extraordinary driven and intelligent colleagues
- Excellent remuneration (good base salary, pension and travel allowances)
- Personal growth (many opportunities to study and develop yourself)
- Great work environment with i.e. a company lunch at our head office in Leiden, end of the week drinks and superb events if the organization booked great successes.Laptop and Iphone