Senior DC Network Engineer – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Do you work for one of the world’s largest international TV and broadband company? Do you have ACI knowledge for the integration with the devices? And do you want to be part of the datacenter network deployments and operational (software upgrades) team?
About the company
The company is one of the world’s largest international TV and broadband company, with operations in 12 European countries under the consumer brands Virgin Media, Unitymedia, Telenet and UPC. They invest in the infrastructure and digital platforms that empower the customers to make the most of the video, internet and communications revolution. Their substantial scale and commitment to innovation enable us to develop market-leading products delivered through next-generation networks that connect over 22 million customers subscribing to 46 million TV, broadband internet and telephony services. They also serve over 6 million mobile subscribers and offer WiFi service through 10 million access points across our footprint.
In addition, the company owns 50% of VodafoneZiggo, a joint venture in the Netherlands. As of December 31, 2017, VodafoneZiggo has 5 million mobile, nearly 4 million video, over 3 million fixed broadband internet and approximately 2.5 million fixed telephony subscribers as well as significant content investments in ITV, All3Media, LionsGate, Formula E racing series and several regional sports networks.
WHAT YOU’LL you do
- Understand the business requirements and translate them into technical network solutions (capacity and functionalities)
- Design and plan the Datacentre network in an optimal and cost effective way, according to company technical guidelines
- Produce network engineering solutions and designs, bills of material, implementation & migration plans and documents taking into account all related network elements
- Carry out network implementations and migrations and handover the new networks to Operations and to 3rd parties
- Review and validate design and migration plans of consultant engineers
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of ISP Data centers Design with special focus on IP Networks, Security and Application Delivery Solutions
- Solid knowledge of ISP Systems, Mail platforms, DNS, DHCP, IT systems, DTV back-end environments
- Strong knowledge of high end Cisco and Nexus platforms
- Strong knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls including Management Infrastructure as well as Firewall Enforcement Points
- Strong knowledge of Remote Access Solutions (e.g. Checkpoint Connectra/EndPoint Connect)
- Strong knowledge of F5 LTM/Viprion
- Solid knowledge in Cisco ACI (Application centric)
- Strong knowledge in Routing and Switching
- Good Experience with Unix Systems and scripting languages
- Expert user of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite and Visio
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal skills, able communicator
- Team player
- Experience in multinational and multicultural environments.
- Excellent remuneration (good base salary, pension and travel allowances)
- Personal growth (many opportunities to study and develop yourself)
- Great work environment with i.e. a company lunch at our head office in Leiden, end of the week drinks and superb events if the organization booked great successes.
- Laptop and Iphone