Front end Developer (React/ Wordpess) – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Do you love to build sustainable applications by writing high quality code, instead of rushing the tasks? Do you dream about design patterns, coding guidelines, CI tooling and deployment systems? Do you want to build in-house software, which last for years? And do you want to be part of a team where your suggestions and input is highly appreciated?
About the Company
This company is an ambitious startup in Amsterdam that specialises in developing and marketing its proprietary solutions bespoke for the pharmaceutical market. The aim is to disrupt the pharmaceutical market through the innovative patient-centered product development. By being part of the team, you will be contributing to the solution of a growing problem: the escalating healthcare and prescription drug costs, which are putting lives at risk.
Every day, new changes to these shops are being made to increase conversion, making them faster, improving the security and adding new features.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will be supporting the launch of this new startup which has been in development for over a year by taking over responsibilities from an outsourced development team. This means that in limited time you will be responsible for transferring all of the knowledge to the Amsterdam office as they will be terminating the contract with the outsourced development firm in the next 2-3 months.
- You will be responsible for a smooth MVP release in January or February.
- You will be working on this project as well other new projects which will be using the WordPress and/or React framework.
- Smooth transition of the project from existing IT firm and understanding everything that has been built so far in order to maintain the software and develop new features;
- Determining the best technical solutions to problems;
- Producing high quality, pixel perfect front end designs that are top notch and perfect;
- Like working in a product team consisting of a Product Owner and other developers;
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a Front end developer;
- WordPress and React
- SASS, LESS, CSS, HTML5, Bootstrap, Grunt and PWA.
- Coach the less experienced developers and get everyone to a higher level.
- As we maintain/build our eCommerce platforms via the Scrum/Agile methodology, a basic knowledge regarding Scrum is needed.
- Like working in a start-up environment;
- Have the ability to make useful suggestions and propose solutions to problems;
- Have the confidence to try new things which may improve the business / software;
- Some experience with AMP (not mandatory);
- Focus on fast loading pages;
- Understanding of on-page SEO and a keen focus on following all SEO principles when implementing new page designs.
- Flexible working schedule;
- Working in an International company with offices in Canada and Philippines.
- An informal working environment, with a pool table and frequent team parties;
- The ability to build a new startup company in Amsterdam from scratch, where your input is valid;
- an awesome office in Amsterdam, easily reachable by public transport;
- a personal budget for training courses and events to keep improving yourself and the company.
- 30 procent ruling (30 % of your salary is taxfree)