Back-end Python/Django , Enschede, The Netherlands
Are you security minded software developer who wants to join the mission to proactively protect and secure every website on the globe and revolutionize the hosting industry? And do you want to work in an international team for one of the fastest growing security scale-up in the Netherlands?
About the company
The client base of this company consists of large web hosting providers all around the globe. Security is – obviously – extremely important to them. However, there’s one layer of the security stack the clients have little or no control over: the code of their end users. As most websites use standard software as a foundation (up to 30% of the web is running on WordPress, Joomla or Drupal) hackers continuously exploit security vulnerabilities in these foundations to upload and execute malware. Effectively, this allows hackers to run any malicious code they want. For example: to send spam, launch DDoS attacks or inflict far worse damage.
This company comes to the rescue, offering web hosting providers a fully automated SaaS solution to index security vulnerabilities/risks and resolve them by automatically applying safe backported patches and by defusing malware. On top of that, offering a web app that helps all stakeholders (including security officers, system administrators, helpdesk employees and end users) to operate and keep the web secure.
As a Back-end Software Engineer you play a critical role in the organization. You will have full autonomy and responsibility over two major areas: 1) the web-facing applications that are being used by the employees, the clients and their end-users, and 2) the internal back-end services. In the back-end you will be processing, analyzing and acting upon scan data that is submitted by the agent software running on web hosting servers of the clients. The product is offered as SaaS and delivered from own centralized infrastructure. Scalability challenges and the sensitive nature of the data that the company is processing make this role incredibly demanding and interesting. You need to have a deep understanding and knowledge of Python, message queues, managing large data sets and security. Your work directly impacts the safety and workings of millions of websites around the world, so attention to detail and a high quality standard is a must.
What will you do?
- Design, build and deploy new features for our web-facing applications and back-end services.
- Review and iterate architecture to ensure scale along with our incredible growth.
- Review and iterate architecture to ensure sensitive data is stored securely at all times.
- Work with external firms on security audits.
What d0 you need?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent professional education
- You have a true passion for the security field
- Several years of relevant work experience as a Software Engineer
- Advanced proficiency with Python. Low-level language experience a plus, but not required
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Django, Celery, asyncio are a big plus
- Deep understanding and knowledge of managing large data sets and security
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to love taking initiative and seeing things through to completion