Data engineer – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Do you want to have a lot of say in the projects that you are going to do? Do you want to have lots of freedom in terms of own development? Do you want to have flexibility where the result counts?
About the company
An informal company that carries out projects for different clients such as Agro Energy, gemeente Den Haag, Rabobank, Brabant water and more. They believe that talented IT professionals work with a strong commitment for the business. Because they are small a lot is shared with each other. On a regular basis the team members spend time together having drinks, outings or trips to share knowledge and experiences. They believe in the power of the employees by having them work independently, where you have total freedom to choose interesting projects that that help the professional form their own career path. It goes without saying that the developers are guided in this process. The team members also receive part of the annual turnover, that leads to an amazing bonus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Data Engineer you will have a strong focus on the data platform, as well as on the use of the platform by analysts and data scientists. You will take responsibility for setting up, maintaining and optimizing the data infrastructure platforms. This entails that you will provide high-quality data by virtualizing, merging, enriching, cleaning and preparing. You will optimally serve the data scientists from your super cool platform.
- Collage or University level
- 3 + years of experience in a strong data engineering role;
- You are proactive and entrepreneurial;
- You are aware of the latest technologies and know how to use the correct tooling for a problem;
- You are able to translate business questions into technical solutions and you recommend the right data infrastructure elements;
- You can work autonomously and think out-of-the-box.
- You also have good communication skills and you can work well together in teams.
- Big data platforms such as Spark, Flink, Hadoop and NoSQL databases;
- The entire Hadoop ecosystem such as YARN, Hive, and HDFS;
- Programming script languages such as Java, Scala, Python,
- MapReduce, SQL and Bash;
- Data modeling and data warehouse concepts;
- Security and authorization concepts;
- JSON and REST APIs;
- Demonstrable experience with NIFI.
- Salary 65.000 tot 75.000 euro
- Excellent bonus scheme (profit sharing);
- 30 procent ruling (This means that 30 procent of your salary will be taxfree)
- Laptop and telephone;
- Annual budget for training / certification / courses;
- 25 vacation days;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Excellent pension scheme;
- A team of professionals around you;
- Flexible mobility arrangement.