Java developer engineer – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a Java engineer that wants to develop and operate software solutions using lean and agile principles? Do you want to deliver business value ensuring built-in quality and technical excellence?
About the Company
We are about 850 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services, one of the leading IT providers in Switzerland. In addition, we’re building a new DevOps Center in Rotterdam and are looking to grown this to over 200 new hires over the next few years. Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state of the art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
What will you do
As Java/ DevOps Engineer you belong to an agile team that develops and operates theWireline Bundle Configurator, one of the first step in the ordering process. In your role you will take care of the technical foundation that enables the development of business features. CI/CD pipelines with all the fancy DevOps tools are were you feel right at home. Your responsibilities include the operation and the automation of test and maintenance processes too. With your help, we would like to broaden the landscape in the Cloud and continuously improve our release capability.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Hands-on experience and extensive know-how of Java, especially in RESTfull backend services
- Test-driven development (TDD), practice in clean code, pair programming, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Intermediate to advanced in Java/Spring or related OOP frameworks and frontend frameworks like Angular or React
- Ability to manage source code changes in Git, and build source code with Apache Maven
- Results-driven collaborator and open communicator, happy to share knowledge and learn from others, experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and pronounced agile mindset
- Enthusiastic and flexible self-starter
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- An enterprising and driven work environment
- Enthusiastic colleagues
- Great business parties
- 30 procent ruling applies, meaning 30 procent of the salary is tax free for a period of 5 years.