Java developer – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a Java developer that wants to develop and operate software solutions using lean and agile principles? Do you want to deliver business value by implementing prioritised backlog items, while ensuring built-in quality and technical excellence? And take stability and performance aspects into account during the design and development stage?
About the Company
We are about 850 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services, one of the leading IT providers in Switzerland. In addition, we’re building a new DevOps Center in Rotterdam and are looking to grown this to over 200 new hires over the next few years. Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state of the art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
What you’ ll do
Java developers/ DevOps cooperate with their team members closely and in an agile manner, and also network with contacts outside of the team. They cultivate an open feedback culture and ensure transparency. They engage appropriately in the various agile rituals and do their part to continuously increase efficiency and effectiveness. DevOps engineers III share responsibility for achieving common goals in the required quality. They take stability, availability and maintainability into account in their projects during deployment. They abide by the rules and guidelines that apply in the team.
- Perform tasks in software development and application operation. The focus of the main responsibilities may vary according to the requirements of the team assignment and division of tasks. DevOps engineers III can implement most backlog items on their own and work on highly complex backlog items with support.
- Creating and refining backlog items together with the product owner • Assessing backlog items in the team and planning for the next iteration
- Ensuring the built-in quality and security of their solutions • Designing software solutions • Implementing, configuring and refactoring software solutions
- Designing, implementing and performing tests • Setting up, maintaining and managing automation frameworks • Integrating software in line with the chosen deployment concept • Developing and managing software solution monitoring
- Operating, measuring and improving software solutions • Processing incidents and service requests • Providing 2nd and 3rd-level support and on-call service
- Experience in developing solutions in Java (OOP is a must and Java Xtend or Groovy would be perfect match);
- Expertise in the SOAP and REST web services (no experience in development, but experience as a user, understand concept);
- Knowledge of test-driven development (2+ years) , continuous testing and behaviour-driven development (2+ years) and an understanding of Agile and Lean principles (Agile and Lean is very important, candidate needs to love the idea if he/she has never worked in an agile environment);
- Know-how of Linux and LDAP and experience with monitoring systems (Kibana and Prometheus, Grafana are nice to have);
- Experience with development and build tools (GIT, Jenkins, must haves) and other tools (Eclipse, Sonarqube, nice to have) as well as test automation methods would be an advantage.
What you’ll need
- Relevant job experience 2-5 year;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical knowledge;
- Good level of engineering skills and a good grasp of the deployed concepts and processes;
- Understanding of agile and lean principles;
- An ability to work collaboratively in teams;
- Good engineering skills in the technologies and tools relevant to the team;
- Development and operation knowledge;
- An ability to maintain large code and test case bases;
- Good knowledge of one computer or script language;
- Basic knowledge of databases;
- Basic knowledge of system administration;
- Good knowledge of all DevOps capabilities Competencies;
- English language.
Which competencies do you need to have
- Cross-Cultural Sensitivity;
- Customer Knowledge;
- Ambition & Results Orientation;
- Technology Savvy;
- Problem Solving.
Which Fields of knowledge
- Software Engieneering
- Test-Automation und QualityEngineering
- Continuous Implementation
- Continuous Deployment
Which competencies do you need
- Customer Knowledge
- Technology Savvy
- Operational Excellence
- Problem Solving Fields of knowledge
- An enterprising and driven work environment
- Enthusiastic colleagues
- Great business parties
- 30 procent ruling applies, meaning that 30 procent of your salary will be tax free.