Software Engineer API – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Are you an engineer that wants to create digital products using lean and agile principles? Do you want go from concept to operations delivering business, while ensuring built-in quality and technical excellence?
About the Company
We are about 850 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services, one of the leading IT providers in Switzerland. In addition, we’re building a new DevOps Center in Rotterdam and are looking to grown this to over 200 new hires over the next few years.
Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state of the art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
What you’ ll do
Working as a DevOps engineer in a multicultural and international team, you are responsible for all aspects of API product delivery from architecture to operations. In close collaboration with customers and partners, you and the team create successful products that boost our customers’ experience. With your interdisciplinary experience and entrepreneurial mindset, you are involved in all stages of creating software solutions.
You prototype product features, create architecture and solution design, and develop the software. To get there, you maintain a close engagement with customers and partners. We build it, we run it: test management and execution, including performance tests, are part of your routine – and you are responsible for smooth operations and managing the environment.
- Knowledge of web technologies (Node.js), software integration, and architecture (REST, SOA) and APIs;
- Hands-on knowledge of the full software development lifecycle including object-oriented design;
- Experience with operations and environment management, continuous delivery, and monitoring;
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, microservice management and architecture is a plus;
- Working knowledge of full stack web application development is a plus;
- Comfortable with agile methodologies and lean product development.
What you’ll need
- Degree or equivalent practical knowledge; in computer science or IT diploma with several years of professional experience with a focus on either on software development or similar;
- Ability to gain a sound grasp of new projects and technologies;
- Open-minded, solution-oriented team player;
- Good English.
- An enterprising and driven work environment;
- Enthusiastic colleagues;
- Great business parties;
- 30 procent ruling, meaning that 30 procent of the salary is taxfree.