DevOps engineer – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Are you a DevOps engineer that wants to develop and operate software solutions using lean and agile principles? Do you want to deliver business value by implementing, while ensuring built-in quality and technical excellence?
About the Company
We are about 850 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services, one of the leading IT providers in Switzerland. In addition, we’re building a new DevOps Center in Rotterdam and are looking to grown this to over 200 new hires over the next few years. Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state of the art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
What you’ ll do
You are part of an agile organization which operates and maintains fiber-optic and copper cable lines. Your experience with code re-engineering will come in handy: You support with transforming older application code into new container technology. You will also further develop and maintain the daily-build. Thanks to you we will move our landscape step-by-step to the Swisscom Cloud while continuously improving our release capabilities. As a true DevOps Engineer and team player, you will both develop and also support operations. You feel comfortable running SQL-queries.
Why you succeed:
• Degree (ETH/Uni/UAS) in computer science or comparable degree
• Hands-on experience in software development and with logging and monitoring tools (we use Grafana, Prometheus and Splunk)
• Experience with cloud services (CaaS) and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Familiarity with DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT) and their configuration
• High customer and service orientation, motivated team-mate with good social skills
• Independent (self-reliant), reliable personality, solution-oriented working methods
• Fluency in written and spoken English, German is a plus (Application documentation is in German)
- An enterprising and driven work environment
- Enthusiastic colleagues
- Great business parties
- 30 procent ruling applies, meaning that 30 procent of your salary will be tax free.