Technical writer – Amsterdam, The Netherlands
This will not be your first job as a technical writer and likely it won’t be your last. It will, however, be the job where you can have a huge impact on our customers’ journey and our company’s success. We’re a software company. Let’s share an analogy that explains what we need from you;
About the Company
The company is a natural extension to Google G Suite for professional services companies, helping streamline the organization, Win new business; deliver for your clients; celebrate your successes — daily. The company is a 4 year old startup. It is a spin-off of a well established online ERP Solution. It’s purpose is to explore new technologies for and ways of improving the lives of our users. The customers are Professional Services Organizations. The target group are middle sized PSO´s that have the ambition to grow even further and need innovative software to (re)organize themselves in a scalable fashion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We have created a Formula 1 race car. No ordinary driver can control such a beast. You wouldn’t get off the line and, if you did, you’d spin out of every corner. We succeeded in creating a race car that’s controllable, dependable and fun. And fast, obviously, very fast. We’ve come a good way in this ‘Formula 1 for everyone’ mission. We are not there yet!
We need you to create the ‘Owner’s Manual’. The manual that helps any driver instantly and intuitively. So that they can focus on the track rather than the car. Manuals used to just sit in the glovebox forever because they are lengthy and bulky and boring and badly indexed. No bueno. Putting reading glasses on at 100 MPH just doesn’t end well. It needs to be ‘just there when I need it’. Like a HUD.
- Strong interest in overall CX in software and content
- You are a proven self-starter who puts quality over quantity
- You are a high-output worker without losing sight of the details
- Proven experience as a technical writer in our market of Professional Services Automation
- Profound knowledge of Professional Services, Project and Resource management tools, Project Accounting and what automation can do for B2B services businesses
- Native US English speaker
- Help perfect our CX throughout the journey
- Find new ways for ‘traditional manual/help’ content by perfecting the in-product CX
- Write content in-product, online and support the creation of other content formats such as video
- Create a maintainable and scalable documentation framework, introduce and maintain the related system(s)
- A very inspiring and challenging work environment
- The best location in Amsterdam, the better part of the Zuidas
- Salary range: 52.000 – 59.000 euro
- 30 procent ruling (30 % of your salary is taxfree if you are an expat)
- Great lunch