Java/ Angular developer – Communication Hub – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
You are going to work in an agile team and you will develop a communication software based on Java and Angular JS, which is future-proof for the company.
About the Company
We are about 850 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services, one of the leading IT providers in Switzerland. In addition, we’re building a new DevOps Center in Rotterdam and are looking to grown this to over 200 new hires over the next few years.
Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state of the art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
What you achieve
In your team, you develop components for the Communication Hub. A communication software which collects and reformulates information for our customers, agents and other collaborators. Communication Hub is an inhouse development, which will become more and more important for Swisscom in the future, as communication is crucial in the digital age. Therefore we onboard you with individual training sessions for your new and challenging job.
As part of an interdisciplinary DevOps team, you closely collaborate with your colleagues in an agile setup. You interact with other teams to make sure stories are successfully integrated and delivered. By openly sharing new ideas, you help your team members. You document, test, and operate your applications and integrations, and you provide support during the applications’ lifecycles. You are ready to solve complex 3rd-tier support cases.
Why you succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Hands-on experience in Angular JS, RXJS and Java, especially in RESTfull backend services
- Test-driven development (TDD) experience, clean code, pair programming, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Intermediate to advanced in Java/Spring or related OOP frameworks
- Ability to manage source code changes in Git, and build source code with Apache Maven
- Results-driven collaborator and open communicator, happy to share knowledge and learn from others, experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and pronounced agile mindset
- Enthusiastic and flexible self-starter
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- An enterprising and driven work environment;
- Enthusiastic colleagues;
- Great business parties;
- 30 procent ruling, meaning that 30 procent of the salary is taxfree.