PHP software developer – Groningen, The Netherlands
Do you want to make an important contribution to the company in all phases of the software projects, from analysis to implementation? Do you believe that a smart in-house solution is a better choice than outsourcing; whether it’s the websites, the warehouse system or one of the many internal applications? And do you want to work in a strong international team on a self-developed IT platform with many varying projects?
About the company
By believing that smart IT is the only way to be successful, the company is the brand behind more than 375 specialist web shops in seven different countries. Keeping processes in house (having own warehouse, software and customer service) with already more than 100 employees it is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe for five consecutive years. The company has an informal company culture without complicated management layers, with a relatively young workforce (average 27 years). It feels like a start-up, while getting the benefits of a mature company.
What you’ll do
As a backend developer, you will work together with your team on writing structured, well-maintainable code. You will be reviewing code, implementing features in existing systems and develop completely new applications. In which you have a lot of freedom to come up with new cool features. It is important for each application to keep the maintainability in mind. Main goal is to create the best online store platform!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Preferably completed higher professional education
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- You can work with modern version control systems, Unit Testing, HTML / CSS and Software Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of Java is a big plus
- Ability to deliver concrete results and reasoning in an abstract way about algorithms and data structures
- Linux / UNIX
- Build Tooling (such as Composer or Maven)
- REST, SOA
Which tools you’ll use
- PHP 7.1
- Java 8
- Symfony 3
- Docker, Phabricator
- A good salary and secondary employment conditions;
- A pension scheme
- A dynamic amicable but amicable and relaxed corporate culture, with plenty of room for personal growth
- Naturally discount on our entire product range (and that’s a lot)
- informal working atmosphere, ping pong tables
- Friday afternoon drinks at the company’s bar