Software engineer Automation – Rotterdam, The Netherlands
You oversee various automation. For example automating the onboarding of new virtual network functions or orchestrating new connectivity capabilities.
About the company
We provide one of the best mobile networks in the world and are the leading Telco company in Switzerland. We ensure the best customer experience and as an innovation leader we develop new products based on 5G.
Our ambition – We want to become the Best Net in the world. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state of the art tech” in an agile environment. As DevOps engineers, we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favourite workplace.
What you achieve
To reduce the complexity of our network, we rely on effective automation. Joining the network management and orchestration team, you design and implement our in-house orchestration framework and lead our automation activities. You will speed up the onboarding of a new network function or enable 5G network slicing. With an innovative mindset, you connect different stakeholders (e.g. network function suppliers) and make the mobile network automation capabilities ready for the new cloudified decade.
Why you succeed
- Technical degree with a university degree in computer science
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including (but not limited to) C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- Experience with Cloud native software development methodologies and tools to support application development stages including CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with large-scale developments, developing scalable architecture using API management microservices frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems
- Familiar with RedHat, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, DBMS, security basics and automation, familiar with frameworks like Camunda, Ansible, Temporal.io, and OSGi
- Agile and lean methodology (Scrum, SAFe) and DevOps mindset
- Open-minded and innovative thinker, customer oriented, self-driven, ready to set priorities and make decisions
- Very good English, German is a plus
- Agile working environment and lean management instructor
- Flexible working time model and homework allowance
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- 200 euros telephone/internet allowance
- We applicate for your 30% ruling tax allowance during 5 years* Meaning 30 % of your salary will be taxfree
- Plenty of opportunities for trainings and personal development
- Up to 150 euros commuting allowance
- Contribution to the health insurance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course paid by the company